Wednesday, May 19, 2010

MYP 4&5 Exhibition Performances

Please use "comments" to list your pieces you intend to play for the exhibition. Please include composer and full title.

MYP 5
You need to ensure you have three pieces that contrast in style or genre.
You must write program notes about all three pieces.

Chad - voice
Caitlin - clarinet
Chloe - piano
Penny - voice

MYP 4
You need to ensure you have one piece to perform.
You must introduce your piece verbally, and explain the context according to jazz, rock or musicals history.

Jesse - piano
Marco - bass
Owen - composition

5 comments:

  1. I will actually be playing 2 pieces:

    "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" by Lady Gaga
    "A Hard Day's Night" by The Beatles

    Also, I was thinking about performing a third piece, yet I am undecisive if I should even perform an extra piece due to time restrictions.

    If I were to do a third piece, I would perform "Animal Instinct" by The Cranberries"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy Chapman - Fast Car

    Richard Rodney Bennett - Die Lerche (The Lark)

    Les Miserables - Claude-Michel Schönberg - Castle on a Cloud

    program notes on Google docs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chloe:
    1) Clocks by Coldplay
    2)Waltz by Dimitri Shostakovitch
    3)Ode to Joy by Beethoven

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAITLIN:

    Tchaikovsky - Sleeping Beauty Waltz
    Beethoven - Ode to Joy
    Georges Bizet - Song of the Torreador

    ReplyDelete